Laslett family history
William and Elizabeth (Dilnot)
WILLIAM - Son of Thomas baptised at Woodnesborough on 23 June 1793. In 1818 married Elizabeth Dilnot at Woodnesborough. Elizabeth was the daughter of Henry Dilnot a weaver and farmer at Hammill, near Woodnesborough and Elizabeth Dilnot nee Fishenden, his wife. William and Elizabeth lived 'in Woodnesborough in a house that stands back from the road and has peacocks in the garden'. Family records say In about 1840 they moved to Polders Farm (Poulton Farm, Ash?) about a mile away but the 1851 census has them still in Woodnesborough, living in Woodnesborough Street. William is shown as "Willm Laslett Hd M a58 waever & farmer of 21 acres, employinh 2 men and 3 boys; born Wdnsb". William died on 18 September 1867.
Thomas - dead by 1890s
William - Born at Woodnesborough in 1830. Weaver and farmer continued to live at Peacock House when father moved to Polders Farm. Later moved to Worth. Married twice - first wife's name Julia. (Second wife possibly Emma Solly - see William and Emma of Felderland Farm)
Go back a generation -- Thomas Laslett and Elizabeth Laslett of Woodnesbourough
This is a link to one of the web sites of the Dilnot's family tree
Elizabeth DILNOT, born Abt 1796, baptized 7 Aug 1796 at St Mary, Woodnesborough (Kent). She marrier William LASLETT. --- takes you back to John DILNOT, born Abt 1365
25. Elizabeth FISHENDEN, born 1767 in Ash by Sandwich (Kent), died 1809.
27. Mary ELLENDER, born 1752, baptized 5 Jul 1752 at Holy Innocents, Adisham (Kent), died 11 Dec 1842 in Preston (Kent), buried 18 Dec 1842 at Parish Church, Elmstone (Kent).
49. Martha WALKER, born 1722 in Tilmanstone (Kent), died 1799 in Woodnesborough (Kent).
97. Elizabeth KNOTT, born 1699, died 1776.
193. Ann MAXTED, born 1656, resided 1681 at Wickhambreux (Kent), died 1699 in Tilmanstone (Kent), buried 22 Apr 1699 at St Andrew, Tilmanstone (Kent).
769. Lettice GRAY. She married (1) John DILNOT, born 1571 in Monks Horton (Kent), Will signed 1617, died 1617, buried 8 May 1617 at St Laurence, Leaveland (Kent), probate 1617. She married (2) George WISE, 1621 at Leaveland (Kent).
1537. Alice WAYMAN, died 1627 in Bircholt (Kent), buried 17 Apr 1627 at St Mary, Brabourne (Kent).
12289. Isabel LORDE.